A while ago, John from TAOSSA mentioned something under his breath (or as much as one can do so with a keyboard) about Gentoo Linux. I replied with the fact that I learned the (very) hard way that if you think you want to play with Gentoo, you actually want to play with Arch Linux.
- Set up package repositories. In OpenBSD, set PKG_PATH to the URL of a package mirror. In Arch, un-comment some lines in /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
- Install sudo and give the %wheel group sudo access.
- Create a user-level account, place it in the wheel group.
- Log off, log on with my user-level account
- Start adding packages and setting things up!